Cries and cries again, how do I soothe her?




Cries and cries again, how do I soothe her?




She was my love at first sight. Her gurgles, smiles, sleep session and feeding session were admired by me endlessly.

I mean any mom would do that I suppose. I feel very overwhelmed when she cries.

Being a new mom, I never knew what was going on. The poor lil gal was just crying her lungs out, and I was left clueless about the whole situation.

Un- announced cries!

Usually when a baby is about 3 months, they are on the brink of more sounds, more feelings and of course they observe the whole new world with surprised and fascinated eyes.
My girl was just like that. She was a tiny baby with no problems whatsoever. But by the time, she was about 4 months old, she was specific to her interests. She was a girl who loved the cozy life.
Nothin to blame her, but even I am that sort of girl!

Her First Cry

That was more like a wheez. She was relatively quiet. I was trying to understand why she kept crying, and after a few observations – I understood it was bcoz she was hungry. Poor gal!


How did I find it?

Simple (well, not actually!). In the beginning, the doc had tols me to feed her every two hours and so that my pattern of feeds.

Once she was about 3.5 months, one day I delayed a bit- coz I was asleep.

But my gal was on time!

She let out the siren and since I was getting out of the sleep buzz- never understood what the problem was.
Soon, I fed her, and she calmed down. But this took me a few repetitive times, to understand what was happening.

Over the next weeks, she started crying with no notice at all.

I wondered, ‘Why do babies cry?’

It was the usual pattern- she is hungry and she is all yells. A kinda of habit to get her things done.
Cannot blame her, as research states that this is the only way they can communicate with us.

Unexplained Baby Cry- What could it be?

Frankly, I do not the exact reason. A lot of trial and error goes down the line. 
But with a lot of discussions and queries with other moms, pediatricians and experienced caretakers, these are few facts I have gathered.

  • First, as usual- they could be hungry
  • Second, some pain in the body. A stomach ache, or bone pain ro may such similar discomfort.
  • Third, any infection or fever of any sort could be another reason
  • Fourth, They are just getting bored and need a change from lying down in their baby bed.
  • Fifth, a very lame reason you may think – but I have noticed some babies are just fussy for no reason at all. It could be diaper change, or because they want to see something outside, or play with you. That is still a question mark….


Puzzles apart!

These above scribbles re my thoughts and worries, but that apart I have heard there are really serious reasons why a baby could cry. All I feel like saying, is that, I was bale to track my child's issues after a few observations.

But if your baby is persistently crying, I think it is best that the experts- doctors check your kid out! Their lives are not to be experimented and risked with our notions.

Happy Parenting!



Comments

Popular Posts