Umm, How do I deal with the Peeps and Pops?


Umm, How do I deal with the Peeps and Pops?


Ooh look at that naughty smile of hers! Well, lemme tell you- that is not the smile of accomplishing her chore of emptying his wastes!


It is the laugh that says, ‘Okay mommy, you can sit and watch me all day; but nope I won’t dirty this potty!’

I laugh even as I write this hilarious post, because my bub’s potty training has been going on a few weeks and it is so tiresome. It is so difficult to make this tot to understand why exactly I have made him sit there.

I calmly smile back and tell her, ‘ Are you going to sit there all day? Do you know why I placed you in the potty?’


She again burst off into a laughter! Inside, I was tired, and losing my patience level. But, this was of course – Potty Training Time and all my inner mind screamed to me- ‘Be patient’.


Why in this Ma?

The fact that I am taking so long to train her surprises me. There were those old days, when we had so many members in the family. Seriously, how did we all learn? Who taught us? I truly don’t have a clue?

But yeah, someone did!

And now, with just one small kid around the corner- I find this such a big task!
My tot just doesn’t understand why should a person poo or peep, into such a nice bowl!

The Funny Experiences

She did not pee or poo in the potty for almost two weeks. The situation was something as crazy as this, or maybe even crazier!

Our day started off with juice and milk and some biscuits. Almost after one hour or so, it was normal routine for her to pee.

So, I used to take off her diapers and place her on the potty. She would sit, and gape at me. She gave a look, ‘ What’s wrong with mommy? Why is taking away my diappeee and putting me into this beautiful thing (potty)?’

So, after waiting for 15 minutes, I put her diappee on and guess what! Within 5 minutes, she did all she had to do within that!

Oh man, I was like screaming (in my mind), ‘Why didn’t do that before?’ But just smiled at her and told him it was okay.

What else could I do? Over the days, I told her that she was getting bigger and big people only poo in such potties!

But, the little gal never agreed to me. Our routines included, going to potty, coming out fruitless, then pooping in the diappee. My entire time was shuffling around looking at the clock, getting her to use the potty and then running around him.

Fed Up to the Core!

I never what to do even after a week. Out of frustration, I told my elder sis that I need to potty train him, but she would never cooperate!

Potty Stuff Taught to Me

  • First, she told me to read about Potty Training
  • Second, she made a timetable for me.
  • Third, to be firm with her. No smiles, but no anger or scorns if she did not comply.
  • Fourth, Timetable included her feeding time, toilet time, bed time, and even play time.
  • Fifth, Nude Time was needed. She told it was a must not to rush things. So leave her to walk without her diapers. Watch over and when she feels like doing anything- show her the potty!
  • Sixth, never over pressurize her. Yeah, this is no Do or Die situation. So give her all the time to slowly complete the act.
  • Note: You make the child tensed- they immediately stop the action. That is the last thing you want, isn’t it?
  • Seventh, be with them while they sit on the potty. Do not leave them alone. If they do try to get up, engage in a small talk.
  • Eighth, rewards are a must in the beginning! After all they are babies and you need to feed with some encouragement.


Did these tips work?

Happy to say, it worked but after long long time. I am not sure whether all mommies experience a very long time period, but I sure did.

Still, she has not perfected the art of using the potty always, but still she has improved a lot.

I think we took about 6 weeks or so, to get her to feel like coming to the potty with his own genuine interest.

There were days, she would come, but lose the feel of using the potty.


Then the timetable- was difficult to maintain, as when we went on trips or had parties, I couldn’t give due attention to her. So, the diaper was the next best solution.

Overall, she stopped peeing on her bed!!


Plus, she calls me when she wants to poo (that was not something she did few weeks back).

How about You?

Now, these were my experiences and I am sure, each of you who are reading- will have a different one to talk about. Why don’t you share it here?

It is a learning experience for all us. Join in mommies!




Comments

Popular Posts